Polycrystalline Alumina Fibers
MAFTEC™ was developed in the 1980’s by Mitsubishi Plastics Inc., for long term, high or cyclic temperature operation. MAFTEC™ “Polycrystalline Alumina Fibers”, exhibit excellent thermal stability, resiliency, erosion resistance and mechanical strength at temperatures to 1600°C – 2912°F.
MAFTEC™ is a Mullite fiber. Mullite is a stable material that does not change molecularly through the temperature range, up until it melts (1850°C). The silica in MAFTEC™ is contained within the structure of Mullite and is not allowed to form free silica. MAFTEC™ fiber diameter averages 5 microns.
- Extremely low shrinkage-1% at 1400°C-2552°F. 1 1/2% at 1600°C-2912°F
- Extreme Weight Reduction-lining densities of 8-10#/cu.ft. compared to monolithic of 150-160#/cu.ft.
- Weight and thickness tolerances to ensure value
- Total Thermal Shock Resistance
- Resiliency Performance-to 1300°C
- Service temperature range-up to 1600°C-2912°continuous
- Installed easily and quickly in all temperature environments
- 1% shrinkage at 1400°C
- Higher Tensile Strength-maintaining lining integrity
- Low, Low, Low shot content due to manufacturing technology
- O.E.M. Furnace Builders
- Primary Aluminum
- Secondary Aluminum
- Mineral Processing
- Rock Products
- Power Generation
- Boiler Manufacturing
Tremendous Weight Reduction